Sunday, March 21, 2010

Thoughts From a Loving Friend...

Dear Beth,

I remember the first time I met you...almost 5 years ago right after we moved here, to Caroline County, VA...I walked into my first Girl Scouts Meeting and you were there.  You were so together...so attentive to what you were doing...so organized and energized.  However, you quickly approached us and welcomed my daughter and I to the troop.


Shortly thereafter, we worked the Girl Scout booth at the county fair together..Joe and I had had an argument before I got there and I was upset.  I was so upset I began telling you, almost a complete stranger at the time, how I was feeling...I was so alone as I was without a friend in the world to talk to.  You said to me, "I'll be your friend."  From that day forward, you were just that...a friend like I had never had ever before in my life.

I know I told you this all the time...how much I loved you, how much I was grateful God put you in my life, how special you were, how mush I wanted to be like you, how important you were to our girls and our entire community.  I will never be able to put into words how much you have done for so many people...how much you have given yourself to our children, our schools, our troop, my family, ME!  

I know you are with Him (probably organizing his entire assortment of whatever needs to be organized)...I know He is using you as He sees fit...I am not angry with Him..I am so happy He put you in my life, even if it was for a short time.  I am so happy He knows how good you are and that He has welcomed you into His home.  He loves you way more than I ever could...I know why he would want you...I want you, why wouldn't He?

I am going to be here for your family....my entire family wants to be here for your family...they all know how good you were to me and my children and we all want to do whatever we can for your family.  I am going to do whatever I can to help them...you have been here for me when I needed you EVERY single time...when I gave birth, when I had a son in the NICU, when I was in the hospital, when my father had his heart attacks, when I needed a sifter (yes, your sifter is sitting here right in front of me now...I am glad I never gave it back to you, even though I never ended up using it, because it is yours and it's here with me).

I always got so excited when I had a chance to do something for you, even if it was just taking you to Fredericksburg to get your car fixed...I was so glad to be able to help any chance I got (which was rare, it seemed like you never needed help...ever)...I am glad we were so close..I am glad you confided in me...I am glad you loved me back...I am so glad you were a part of my life.

I love you and I will never forget you...I know I will see you again.

********************************************************

This was our troop, almost 4 years ago, at Tangier Island...That's me, in the middle towards the back in the pink shirt, and that's you standing next to me with the short brown hair and gray t shirt.  So many faces in this picture are missing you...We all love you!  We all miss you!  We all will see you again!!!


********************************************************

This is you and our girls (I don't know why Jr wasn't in the picture)...I took this picture with your camera (you, of course, had a camera with a charged battery...mine, of course, was completely dead)...we were at the National Zoo...we had a great day last summer (the last weekend before school started).  I am so glad I had this time with you...I am glad I took this picture.  I am so glad I will see you again.  

I Love You!


********************************************************

I love you and I will see you again!!!


blog comments powered by Disqus
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Want to Make a Difference While Making a Little $$?

Sign Up for MySurvey By Clicking Here!

  © Distributed by Blogger Templates. Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP