Thursday, March 18, 2010

Achievements!

Achievements are such wonderful things, aren't they?


I mean, after my "Debbie Downer" post this morning, I worked, got showered and dressed, got Joe Jr. up from his nap, got him dressed and proceeded to drive to our doctor's appointments.

Now, in case you don't know, my son was born about 16 1/2 months ago in Prince William Co, VA (about an hour and a half north of us)...I chose to have him there as I wanted him to be delivered by my OBGyn of 15 years...and she only delivers there.  

When Jr was born, he was put in the NICU for a number of things...fluid on his lungs, jaundice, lots of bruising, a broken collar bone and eating issues...however, before he was born, there were no indications anything would be wrong, and there wasn't...until he was born.  Let's just say, he got pretty roughed up coming out. 

After about 5 days of him being in the NICU, I began having a really hard time breathing.  Yes, I had just given birth...yes, I was overweight...but, I had been those things twice before and had never felt anything like this.  While my son was in the NICU, over an hour away, I went to the emergency room closer to home, actually in between our home and where he was.  

My head felt like it was going to explode....I still couldn't breathe...they thought I had a pulmonary embolism.  However, nope, what I had was blood pressure (BP) readings around 216/110..so, while my son was in the NICU at one hospital, I was admitted on day 5...to a different hospital...in a different town...away from my newborn.  

That, was hard!  Especially since he was discharged 3 hours before I was...I was an hour away from not being able to pick my baby boy up and take him home from the NICU.

Well, flash forward to today....we both had joint doctors visits.

My boy is perfectly healthy.  He is 99% for height and 95% for weight.  He is perfectly on track developmentally as well!

...and ME...well, let's just say, I have lost a total of 58 pounds since he was born (4 pounds since my last visit) and my BP is down to a nice 114/80...without meds...oh, and I am officially off of BP monitoring, too.

Aren't achievements great?  

blog comments powered by Disqus
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Want to Make a Difference While Making a Little $$?

Sign Up for MySurvey By Clicking Here!

  © Distributed by Blogger Templates. Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP