Friday, March 26, 2010

Every Moment...

First things first...My friend's daughter's surgery went "very well" according to her surgeons.  I am going to go up to see her once she is awake and her dad says I can go with him (he has to be with me to see her).  Praises are definitely in order....but, prayers are definitely still appreciated for both her continued physical and emotional healing.

I have also been by to see the other child, who is now home.  She is doing well, but in a lot of pain.  Please also be prayerful for her continued physical and emotional healing.  I took her some Reece's Pieces and Yoo-Hoo (at her request) and also a cute little handheld chick that chirps when you touch it.  Bless her little heart, she is such a brave girl.

As for me, I had my first attempt at grocery shopping since the accident.  I went to our local Food Lion in town...a place Beth and I frequented regularly...sometimes together intentionally and sometime by coincidence.  I was about half way through the store when it hit me, I won't ever 'run into her' at Food Lion again....of course, I felt myself starting to cry...I felt alone, totally alone in the middle of this grocery store filled with people.  Then, as I turned the corner, there stood my neighbor (who is like my adoptive grandma)...and I just ran up to her and wrapped my arms around her and started bawling.

In that moment, I was so sad, but so joyous.  I believe it was God's way of saying, "You may think you are alone, my child, but I am making sure you are never alone in this journey."  I was humbled...My neighbor just hugged me and started asking me about Beth' daughter.  I quickly composed myself to share the good news of her successful surgery.

Every moment is different..each second has it's highs, and lows.  However, it is impossible to ignore God's Hand through all of this...because, even through all this sadness, I have felt Him here with me every moment!

Love,



P.S. If you are interested, you can read about the vigil we held for Beth here...it is an inspirational read, and something I was so honored to do for both the girls in our troop and our entire community, but especially for Beth.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Want to Make a Difference While Making a Little $$?

Sign Up for MySurvey By Clicking Here!

  © Distributed by Blogger Templates. Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP