Saturday, January 23, 2010

Thanky you, thank you...everyone!

Wow! Writing an acceptance speech is not something I ever thought I would have to do. But, in light of the fact that a dear-fellow-bloggy-friend AND the designer of my new Bloggy makeover, Alexis, nominated 'Our Family Journal' for a Beautiful Blogger Award, I am now officially accepting this wonderful award and writing this very acceptance speech.

Thanks Alexis!So, to keep this wonderful cause going, I must do the following:

1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award and insert a link to their blog (Done!).

2. Pass on the award to about 15 other bloggers who you recently discovered and think are great! (I personally chose my top 5, but you new award recipients can do 15 if you like)

In no particular order, here are my nominations:

Laura (author of 'Blogging from Bolivia')...her pictures are just 'to die for' and she is giving her life to an amazing cause.

Elizabeth (author of 'Our Journey Through Life')...she is a grandma with some beautiful glassware and dishes...and grand kids, too. ;)

Robin (author of 'Lolidots')...after all, she did inspire my MLK, Jr Day Post)

Debra (author of 'Living our Storm')...because after two years of having a private blog, she went public for the first time this week...way to go!

...and, last, but certainly not least...

Kylee (author of 'In My Life')...an amazing young lady who I am certain will do amazing things with her life!

Go check out these amazing blogs...I did nominate them for a very good reason!

3. Contact the other bloggers and let them know they have been chosen for this award (Done!)

4. Say 7 things about yourself...

..this is going to be the hard part, but according to the MBTI test I am now, after at least 10 years of being an ISTJ, an ESTJ (which means I have gone from being an introvert to an extrovert...go figure)...so this should be easy for me...

So, that is #1...I am now, according to the MBTI test, an Extrovert.

#2...I LOVE my job...really

#3...I just hired a new assistant who is a Freshman at George Washington U and I just started training him yesterday...he has an awesome personality and is very smart!!!!!

#4...My oldest daughter was a Star Student this month for her grade level (2 kids are selected from each grade every month)...so I am SUPER PROUD of her!!!

#5...Eva has received Smiley Faces every day from her Pre-K teacher since she has started school...and she is writing her own name...so, I am SUPER PROUD of her, too!!!!

#6...My baby boy is walking every day and starting to run...he is also answering questions...with 'yeah' every time...I am SO PROUD of him!!!

#7...I cooked an amazing breakfast this morning of sausage/gravy, homemade biscuits and scrambled eggs...yum! Although, I didn't actually eat any myself as I am watching my figure! (that was a few things all in one, wasn't it?)

Well, I have officially accepted my award. Thanks again Alexis for all of your help with creating our new design and for nominating Our Family Journal for this award.

Now, off to bury myself in the pile of laundry in my room that needs to be folded and put away!


7 comments:

Laura January 23, 2010 at 1:42 PM  

Wow, thanks so much!! I'll have to work on a response post of my own soon! : )

Anonymous,  January 23, 2010 at 6:58 PM  

Thank you!! I'll be posting about it soon!

Kylee January 23, 2010 at 6:58 PM  

Thank you so much...that really means a lot. First blog award : )

Momof3inVA January 23, 2010 at 7:09 PM  

It was certainly my pleasure to choose you both. I really enjoy both of your blogs...and this was my first award, too!

;)

Alexis January 23, 2010 at 11:31 PM  

Enjoyed your post! Thanks for playing along!!

Momof3inVA January 24, 2010 at 9:33 AM  

Thanks for the nomination, Alexis...this is a wonderful way to give, and get, a nice sense of support from fellow-bloggy-moms (or dads I suppose). ;)

Momof3inVA January 24, 2010 at 10:56 AM  

Sorry, Robin, I am not sure why I never got the email to publish your comment, but it was certainly my plasure! You were the first person I saw to have a MLK day post (and even an awesome giveaway) and truly inspired my on that day to acknowledge the contributions made by MLK and all other Civil Rights leaders...

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Want to Make a Difference While Making a Little $$?

Sign Up for MySurvey By Clicking Here!

  © Distributed by Blogger Templates. Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP