Sunday, January 10, 2010

This, That and...Doughnuts!

We got some really GREAT news this week. Daddy is going to be released from the hospital on Wednesday. He has really worked hard to get as far as he has despite the obstacles he has overcome. I am still in awe with the fact that he is still here with us, yet alone getting out this week...I don't think he even understands how close he was to not making it. I just want to send a HUGE "Thank You" to everyone, friends, family and fellow bloggers for your thoughts, prayers, comments and genuine concerns for our father and our family!!! I know Daddy and his doctors/nurses have done amazing things, but I am sure that prayers and God played a huge role in the outcome.

We had another 2 inches of snow Friday! I can't believe it has already snowed 3 times here, all of which have completely covered our grounds. WOW! This is a really wonderful winter!

I have been on a baking spree since Christmas time, so, I decided to post my first ever quasi-cooking post to highlight my most recent venture. In the past few weeks, I have made over 70 cupcakes (don't worry, about 50 of them were for a going away party for my assistant who is going back to college), a few dozen sugar, oatmeal raisin and peanut butter cookies, a cake and now, Doughnuts! I decided to try to make homemade doughnuts last night per Joe's request and I got this recipe (click here for recipe) for cake doughnuts from one of my regular recipe spots (I chose this recipe as I had all the ingredients on hand, but there are other recipes that look just as good). Here are some pictures of the finished product...and a few pictures of the girls enjoying these delicacies:




Vic likes it!


Eva with a mouthful!
Jr had a few bites, but not on camera.
(He isn't a fan of paparazzi while eating...haha)
(side note: the dough was easier to deal with after being refrigerated over night...it is also important that you use plenty of flour when you go to make the doughnuts, or else you will have very sticky fingers)

0 comments:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Want to Make a Difference While Making a Little $$?

Sign Up for MySurvey By Clicking Here!

  © Distributed by Blogger Templates. Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP