Monday, January 4, 2010

Not Me Monday...From The Shower Floor



Welcome to Not Me! Monday! Are you feeling guilty for forgetting about you husband's favorite peanut butter cookies that you were baking, just for him, only to realize you had forgotten about them when, and only when, you smelled something burning? If so, you can head over to MckMama's blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

So, I have made it no secret that I turned 30 this year. What I didn't realize was that I needed to realize my own age. This 'Not Me Monday' is a tribute to my newly found view from the 'shower floor.'

Here we go:

I did not take my girls roller skating for something fun to do. Even if I had, I would not have decided to partake in the roller skating activities myself. Had I, I surely wouldn't have tried to show off my decades of roller skating experience by challenging my daughter and her friends to a race...Nope, what person over the age of 30 would do that? Even if I had, I certainly wouldn't have ended up on the floor of the roller skating rink, only to be helped up and off of the floor by those same pre-teens I was racing. Not me!

Likewise, I certainly did not fall, knees/hands first on the concrete ground at my sister's house after tripping over her dog's tie out. And, I certainly didn't get the biggest abrasions and bruises from it. Nope, I would certainly be mindful of all objects which pose a risk to my now 30 year old body.

And finally, I did not fall in the shower, while shaving, landing in the most awkward of positions on the floor of the shower! Nope, because falling while shaving would certainly leave one in a split-like position with their neck and head pinned to their chest...on the floor of the shower. Not me! I am certainly aging (and apparently not falling) gracefully!

Oh boy!

What have you not done this week?

1 comments:

Confessions From A Work-At-Home Mom January 4, 2010 at 5:12 PM  

Gosh, the older I get, the clumsier I get. I have a big old bruise on my left hip, and I have no idea how it got there. Apparently, I'm losing my ability to heal quickly AND my ability to remember things. Lord help me!

~Elizabeth
Confessions From A Working Mom

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Want to Make a Difference While Making a Little $$?

Sign Up for MySurvey By Clicking Here!

  © Distributed by Blogger Templates. Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP