Saturday, January 30, 2010

I Want to be an Ice Road Trucker!!!!!!!

I have always had a fascination with driving in the snow. The first year I had my driver's license I was out driving in a foot of snow, seriously! I have never got stuck...ever. I have never met a snowfall that has truly kept me stuck in the house. Perhaps it is the challenge of conquering the snow...of proving that even women driving mini-vans can be safe, competent drivers. So, today, with almost a half a foot of snowfall on the ground and only a half a gallon of milk in the fridge, I decided I better make my way in to town to get more milk (and some other things we wanted).

After about 10 minutes of fighting with the incline of our driveway, I finally made it to the road. I slowly made my way into the tracks that my neighbor made (she has a 4-wheel drive) and I was on route. I am glad to say, I made it safely to the store, I bought 2 gallons of milk (from a fully stocked shelf) and some other things and then proceeded back home...I took this shot with my cell phone on the way:

I am so good at driving in the snow, I think I might have to learn how to drive a Big Rig, so I can be an Ice Road Trucker when the kids are out of college. I just get so excited when it snows...and I got so excited today when Joe finally admitted I am a good 'snow driver!'

I wonder if there are any other insane people who want to be Ice Road Truckers when their kids are grown ups?

2 comments:

*Jess* January 30, 2010 at 7:12 PM  

WOW! You've totally impressed me!! We couldn't even drive well in our 2 inches today!

Momof3inVA January 30, 2010 at 7:24 PM  

I know many people who wouldn't even venture out in 2 inches...haha. I can't believe all this snow we are getting this winter...it is so nice! As long as we don't loose power! ;)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Want to Make a Difference While Making a Little $$?

Sign Up for MySurvey By Clicking Here!

  © Distributed by Blogger Templates. Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP