Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thoughts From A Loving Daughter

As far back as I can remember, I have been a Daddy's girl...I don't think I have ever loved anything, other than my own children..and God of course, as much as I love my dad.

I love my Daddy so much, that I don't care that he talks loud at restaurants OR that he wears thigh high socks and shorts (together that is) OR that he loathes household cleaning OR that he gets highly upset when a waitress forgets his lemons for his ice water. Matter of fact, I am praying that he can continue doing ALL of these things in due time.


Throughout my life, he has shown me first hand how to be kind, compassionate, understanding, faithful, honest, hard-working, giving, and, most importantly, he has shown me what is means to love unconditionally.


My father enjoys driving elderly people to their doctors appointment, singing (at church, with the New Dominion Choraliers, and in the National Philharmonic...yes, he LOVES to sing and is good, too), volunteering at the thrift store, going to Bible Study and being a man of faith.


I am proud to have inherited my fathers intelligence, his last name, his sarcasm, his forehead, his broad shoulders, his large upper-body and even his walk. I wish I had inherited his amazing singing abilities. Unfortunately, as much as we love to sing, neither my sister nor I were fortunate enough to get that trait.


Last night, I wanted to say so much to my Dad, but all I could seem to say to him was that I love him. I know they are only three, small words, but they mean EVERYTHING. I am praying that I will get to tell him that again soon.

Dad is not doing good as there were complications with his surgery and he is currently on a bunch of machines to keep him alive. His doctor gave us a 75% chance of him pulling through this. As an accountant, it gives me hope in the numbers, but right now all I KNOW for certain that I can do is put my faith in the Lord. The Lord is in control and I will let him guide the doctors and my father as he sees fit.

Lord, I know you may be calling my daddy home, and if you do I understand, but please, please give me the strength and guidance I need to get through this.
Our Father,
who art in heaven,
Hallowed be thy Name.
Thy kingdom come.
Thy will be done,
On earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
But deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kingdom,
and the power, and the glory,
for ever and ever.
Amen.

0 comments:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Want to Make a Difference While Making a Little $$?

Sign Up for MySurvey By Clicking Here!

  © Distributed by Blogger Templates. Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP