Saturday, December 19, 2009

Snow Far, Snow Good!

Well, we have about 6-8 inches on the ground (and decks, and cars, and trees) and I am happy to report that I woke up this morning, with lights, food, and 3 children excited to see what lays ahead of them for the day.

I got to thinking this morning, how I am so excited to be 'trapped' inside with my family. No, we still haven't got a tree. No, my Christmas shopping still isn't done. And, no, I was not prepared to spend the last shopping weekend before Christmas 'trapped' inside of our house (well, I haven't exactly tried to get out yet, but I can only imagine we are officially 'trapped.').

But, as I am sure many of you know, this time of year shouldn't be about the Christmas tree, or shopping, or having the best decorated house (after all, I don't think you would be able to have seen any ones Christmas lights last night) although many of us are often preoccupied with all of these things...Rather, isn't this time of year supposed to be about sharing the Joy of Christ's Birth and spending time with your family? I have no doubt, that on this last shopping weekend before Christmas, it was God's Intention of snowing us in...with our families...so we can spend this time with them, instead of out, in the hustle and bustle of the malls and streets, shopping for presents and buying last minute Christmas Trees.

So, we have heat, lights, food and Internet (now that Vic swept my satellite dish off) and most importantly, we have each other.

So, I am happy to report...Snow far, snow good!

0 comments:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Want to Make a Difference While Making a Little $$?

Sign Up for MySurvey By Clicking Here!

  © Distributed by Blogger Templates. Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP