Monday, December 14, 2009

'Not Me' Monday - 'He's Awake' Version

Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.


I will start off by saying I did not get to see my Dad, awake, for the first time in almost 2 weeks today...after he didn't have 4 surgeries and we almost didn't lose him.

I was not highly upset when I was at the hospital to see my Dad, at 11am (very strict 11am-1pm visiting hours), and I couldn't see him as they were doing new lines on him.

I did not bother the nurse at the desk, 4 times, before he finally let me in to see my Dad.

Also, once in to see my Dad, I did not frustrate my Dad, by not being able to understand quite what he was trying to tell me (he is still intubated...how is intubated spelled anyways?).

I was also not EVER so grateful to see my Dad frustrated...as this would mean he is going to be just like the old him...I swear, I don't, nor have I ever, frustrated my father....never, not me!

And finally, I did not go see my dad today, after not showering ALL WEEKEND as our hot water went out...again...Nope, not me, I would have surely found a way to shower before going to see my Dad, in the hospital...

Want to be part of the 'Not Me Monday party and be brutally honest about what you DIDN'T do this week? Then head on over to MckMama's Blog to join in on the fun!

2 comments:

harmonysong December 14, 2009 at 10:16 PM  

Glad he is feeling better! Hope he is able to leave the hospital soon! I am sure he was happy to see you, regardless of a shower. :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Anonymous,  December 14, 2009 at 10:51 PM  

Great post. Sounds like your father is slowly but surely getting better. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. :)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Want to Make a Difference While Making a Little $$?

Sign Up for MySurvey By Clicking Here!

  © Distributed by Blogger Templates. Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP