Monday, December 21, 2009

'Not Me' Monday - Let It Snow Version



Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

This weekend we did not get almost 2 feet of snow here in central Virginia. Said snow did not prevent our annual trip to the Christmas Tree Farm to get our Christmas Tree (they did not close for the season due to the snow). I did not instead go buy a "FAKE" fiber optic tree from the Dollar General. I mean, I HATE fake trees (no offense to anyone who chooses to use one, it is just not my personal preference), so I definitely would not have spent $35 on a FAKE FIBER OPTIC TREE, especially from the Dollar General. Nope, not me!

Even if I had bought a fake tree, my 3 small children would not be in such fascination with the fiber optic-changing color-lights that are built into the tree that they just stare, and stare, and stare at it. Surely they would not appreciate such a FAKE example of what a Christmas Tree should be! Not My Children!

Finally, I would not have been so crazy to have loaded my entire family into our van on Saturday to drive 40 miles on snow covered roads just to get to a Wal-Mart with fully stocked shelves and no lines! Surely, no mother would do something so insane. Not me!

So, what did you not do during this winter festival of snow?

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

UPDATE: Daddy is going in for an MRI today...please pray that it comes back normal...we have been a bit worried as he hasn't quite been himself since they woke him up, which is somewhat normal, but it has lasted a week now and they want to test for any abnormalities in his brain.

1 comments:

Jenilee December 21, 2009 at 11:00 PM  

the tree sounds fun! and, I'll pray about the MRI - that is so scary.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Want to Make a Difference While Making a Little $$?

Sign Up for MySurvey By Clicking Here!

  © Distributed by Blogger Templates. Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP