Friday, December 18, 2009

'Be Careful What You Wish For.'

Just the other day, I was emailing one of the guys at our student insurance administrator's office in Ithaca, NY. I was telling him how envious I was of them for their quite regular snowfall...and, in his reply to me, his exact words were, 'Be careful what you wish for.' Well, Ken, I think you were right (Are you a weatherman in your part time job, or is this just pure coincidence that they are calling for UP TO 18" HERE????). Because, as excited as I am about our seemingly pending blizzard, I am praying, hoping, wishing, pleading that our electricity stays on. I am sure I will be posting pictures of snowmen, snowball fights, 4-wheeling, and bundled-up-babes tomorrow (if we can have electricity). This is from weather.com:

A WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL MIDNIGHT EST SATURDAY NIGHT.
SNOW WILL CONTINUE TONIGHT INTO SATURDAY MORNING... FALLING HEAVY AT TIMES. SIGNIFICANT ACCUMULATIONS OF SNOW ARE EXPECTED... RANGING FROM 12 TO 20 INCHES FROM TONIGHT THROUGH SATURDAY EVENING... .WITH THE HIGHEST SNOWFALL TOTALS OCCURRING OVER THE WESTERN SECTIONS OF THE WARNING AREA... OR APPROXIMATELY ALONG AND NORTHWEST OF A LINE FROM FARMVILLE TO BOWLING GREEN.


WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, I am so pelased to report that father is doing VERY well in his physical recovery...they had him from the bed to his recliner chair and back, with assistance of course. There are even talks of moving him out of the CVICU tomorrow...However, there is a small problem with his oxygen/carbon Dioxide levels...so he is a bit, well kooky. I won't divulge the immediate details, at least not until we know this isn't anything permanent...but, once we do, I promise, I will have many stories to share about our father's imagination, many.

By the way, the next time I am green with envy about you northerners and all of your snow, I will most certainly Be Careful What I Wish For!

0 comments:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Want to Make a Difference While Making a Little $$?

Sign Up for MySurvey By Clicking Here!

  © Distributed by Blogger Templates. Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP