Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day and Summer Fun!

I am not someone who has lost a loved one directly due to war, but I have lost a loved one who fought in a war...my Pap was a veteran of WWII...he was one of the the most important men of my life and he lost a battle to cancer a few years ago.  He fought for and risked his life for our country...and today, men and women like him are being honored all over our country.

Though my grandfather was able to safely return home from war, and lived many years beyond his military career, so many other soldiers don't come home safely, or at all...so many families sacrifice..so many families lose someone they love...so many soldiers risk it all, and lose.


My thanks and my heart goes out to all of those who have and will risk and sacrifice themselves or their loved ones in the future.  

Happy Memorial Day!

*********************************

In closing, here are the first 'pool' pics of the summer...gotta love make shift baby pools on the deck!







Oh, and I think I have a future grill mate in my son!!!

blog comments powered by Disqus
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Want to Make a Difference While Making a Little $$?

Sign Up for MySurvey By Clicking Here!

  © Distributed by Blogger Templates. Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP