Sunday, May 16, 2010

A BIG Day!




If you don't know this already, my father had a heart attack this past Thanksgiving Day.  He was having chest pains in the morning, and actually drove himself to the ER and walked in on his own while having it.


He was given a catheterization procedure and scheduled for   bypass.  Well, the night before his scheduled bypass he had another heart attack (worse than the first) and they had to rush him in to surgery.


After his bypass, his chest was so enlarged, they could not close him up.  We (my sister and I) thought he was going to die.  He had about a 70% chance of survival.  


After 10 days of being in multiple forms of life support (one of which being a ventricular assist that actually pumped his blood for him), a mild stroke, and many blood transfusions, he was finally closed back up and began healing.


Today, less than 6 months since his heart attack, my father is having his first concert performance and he even has a solo and a duet (I was wrong, he just had a duet).  I can't believe he has come so far, and I feel so blessed that he is still here and singing.


He has sang his entire life, even in prestigious groups such as the National Philharmonic, so when we found out he had a mild stroke, we feared he would never sing again, even if he lived.


But, today, we get to witness the miracles of medical technology, God's ability to heal, and our Dad's will to live!  I am just soooo excited!!!


Anyhow, just wanted to share how very proud I am of my dad, and how grateful I am to his doctors, and to God, for working a miracle in our lives...and how grateful I am to my daddy for fighting so hard to stay here with us a little longer...he is truly our very own walking (and now driving, too) miracle!  ;)


I love my daddy!!!




blog comments powered by Disqus
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Want to Make a Difference While Making a Little $$?

Sign Up for MySurvey By Clicking Here!

  © Distributed by Blogger Templates. Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP