HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!
As the year comes to an end, we reflect back on all of the things we have to be grateful for. Of course, I will make a list of all the things I am thankful for (well, ok, not everything, but at least the important ones):
- -GOD...for through Him alone, these blessings are possible!
- -Our Healthy, Happy, Loud, Hungry, Dirty CHILDREN!
- -Their FATHER
- -Our Non-Nuclear FAMILY (my father, my sister, my Nana, My Uncle and Aunt and Cousins)
- -My FRIENDS
- -Our HOME
- -Our JOBS
- -Our 'sometimes normal' LIFE
I am sure I can go on and on, but I think these are the most important! We are surely blessed and although I sometimes feel undeserving, I promise to give thanks, not only today, but every day!
So, this brings me to our menu!!!! And, of course, loving food as much as I do, this was so easy for me to write about!
Since we are staying home, and it doesn't look like we will have company, I am preparing a fairly simple menu:
- -Honey Roasted Turkey Breast (No, I didn't do the WHOLE turkey...we don't eat dark meat)
- -Praline Sweet Potatoes (This is the BEST recipe, although, I cut back a little on the sugar http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Praline-Sweet-Potatoes/Detail.aspx)
- -Bread Stuffing
- -Mashed Potatoes
- -Green Beans in Ham Sauce
- -Baked Macaroni & Cheese
- -Baked Apples
- -Deviled Eggs (maybe??)
- -Pumpkin Pie w/ Whipped Cream Topping
So, what are you making? What are you Thankful for?